New York’s Training Deadline is October 11, 2016
The New York Department of Environmental Conservation (NYDEC) recently implemented regulations requiring UST operators to be certified by October 11, 2016. Class A/B operators at regulated Petroleum Bulk Storage (PBS) and Chemical Bulk Storage (CBS) facilities in the state of New York can become certified by taking and passing the appropriate online exam offered through the NYDEC’s website. There are three different exams.
- The Class A operator exam consists of approximately 65 questions and has a time limit of 2 hours.
- The Class B operator exam consists of approximately 50 questions and has a time limit of 2 hours.
- The Class A/B operator exam consists of approximately 80 questions and has a time limit of 2½ hours.
If you take but do not pass the exam, you must wait 24 hours before retaking the exam. Once you have passed, you will able to print your operator training certificate. You will also be given an Authorization Number, which will need to be included on your UST registration form.
To help UST Class A/B operators prepare for the exam, PASS has thoroughly researched and written an online preparatory course, which is available now. The course synthesizes, explains, and cites New York’s specific UST requirements drawn from:
- Tank IQ, the NYDEC’s exam study guide;
- DER-40, the NYDEC’s operator training policy;
- New York’s PBS regulations (6 NYCRR 613); and
- New York’s CBS regulations (6 NYCRR 596-599).
When you’re ready to prepare for the New York exam, remember that PASS offers you more than just a pdf file directing you to the exam website. This is an actual preparatory course offered through the PASS LMS, which means you can take it at any time using any internet-connected device. There is no special software to download and no taking time out of your busy schedule to attend a classroom training. Let PASS help you prepare for the New York UST operator exam so you can get certified by the deadline.