M-PACT 2016 will be held March 22-24 at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, Indiana
- For all USTs and UST components installed after October 13, 2014, weekly and monthly dispenser inspections are required.
- Class B operators are required to conduct quarterly inspections of each UST facility for which they are responsible.
The following state forms have been recently revised.
- Notice of Proposed Installation of Underground Storage Tanks
- Registration of Underground Storage Tanks
- Intent of Removal, Closure or Change-in-Service of Underground Storage Tanks
- Underground Storage Tank Installation Checklist
- The Underground Storage Tank Operational Facility Inspection form must be completed by the Class B operator following the required quarterly inspection of the UST facility. The form does not need to be sent to the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA), Bureau of Fire Services, Storage Tank Division, but must be kept by the Class A operator at the UST facility for at least three years.
Remember, UST Class A/B operators must take and pass the Michigan Class A and Class B operator exams offered by the International Code Council (ICC) in order to be certified. PASS offers a comprehensive ICC exam preparatory course for Michigan operators. For more information, click below to visit PASS’ Michigan page, select the UST Operator Training tab, and the UST Class A/B Operator ICC Exam Preparatory Course Description.