UST Class A/B operators in Wyoming need to take and pass the appropriate International Code Council’s (ICC’s) UST/AST operator exam and then apply for a Wyoming license. Here is what to do.
- You may choose to take PASS’ Wyoming UST Class A/B Operator Training (ICC Preparatory Course) to prepare for the exam.
- Sign up for one of the following ICC exams through the Pearson VUE website. For general information about how the ICC exams work, visit PASS’ ICC Exam page.
- The ICC W6 (Wyoming State-Specific Class A Storage Tank Operator) exam is for Class A/B UST operators. Passing this exam qualifies you for a Wyoming Class A/B operator’s license.
- The ICC BU (Class B UST System Operator) national exam is for Class B UST operators. Passing this exam only qualifies you for a Wyoming UST Class B operator’s license.
- The ICC W5 (Wyoming State-Specific Class B AST Operator) exam is for Class B AST operators. Passing this exam qualifies you for a Wyoming AST Class B operator’s license.
- Upon receiving your ICC score, you must submit an application for a Wyoming license, along with a copy of your ICC score report, to the Department of Environmental Quality, Solid and Hazardous Division (DEQ).
Wyoming class A/B operators must retake the ICC exam and reapply for their Wyoming license every five years.