PASS’ UST Class A/B operator training course is approved by the Colorado Division of Oil and Public Safety (OPS). If you take and complete this course, however, you should be aware that the OPS requires A/B operators to discuss the specific equipment at their facility with their operator training provider in order to receive an A/B certificate. Here is what you need to do.
- At the end of PASS’ UST Class A/B operator training course, you are instructed to download and/or print a .pdf document entitled Colorado UST Class A/B Site-Specific Checklist. The document is also available in the course File Locker.
- You should read the checklist carefully, gather the required information about your facility, and write it on the checklist. For example, for each UST at the facility, you will need to know the tank construction material, contents, capacity, release detection method(s), type of fuel pumping system, etc.
- After you have completed the Site-Specific Checklist, call PASS at 866-735-0201 during regular business hours, which are Monday through Friday from 8:30 am until 5:00 pm Eastern Time.
- The PASS representative will ask you questions about the information you entered on the Site-Specific Checklist. For example, you will be asked where the facility’s certificate of registration is kept and when it expires.
- Once this post-training interview is complete, you will be able to login to the PASS system and print your certificate.